Monday, July 14, 2014

Bodies of Children Floating in the Rio Grande River

Who sends their young children, unaccompanied in most cases, to a distant land with no provisions for their safety, health, or hunger? Who does that? What authority allows the free passage, en masse through different countries, to face unknown circumstance? I love to travel but I have yet to find a country willing to let me in without my passport. They surely are not asking for billions of dollars to finance the processing, housing, legal, hunger, and emotional aid needed for those of us who would love to be able to travel without documentation. Yes, it turns my heart into a knot to know young children are found dead on the ground or floating in the Rio Grande River. How and why did this happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment